Medical Marijuana Certification for Eligible Patients
Medical Marijuana – Patient Information on Eligibility Qualifying conditions
If you are a current New Jersey State resident and have medical documentation of the diagnosis of one of the following conditions, you may be eligible for medical marijuana.
- Chronic pain of visceral origin
- Chronic pain related to musculoskeletal disorders
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
- Intractable skeletal spasticity, if resistant to conventional therapy
- Glaucoma, if resistant to conventional therapy
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Terminal cancer
- Muscular dystrophy
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease, including Crohn's Disease
- Terminal illness with prognosis of less than 12 months to live
- Severe or chronic pain, severe nausea or vomiting, cachexia or wasting syndrome, which results from: positive status for HIV, Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome, or cancer
The severe, debilitating, or life-threatening condition must also be accompanied by one or more of the following associated or complicating conditions: cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, or severe or persistent muscle spasms.
Setting up an Appointment
First Appointment for Possible Eligible Patients:
The office requires each patient to make a face-to-face evaluation with the doctor.
What to bring along with you to your appointment: A valid NJ Identification Card and a copy of your available medical documentation and/or records. Once you receive your certification from us, you will be able to register online for a medical marijuana card with the state of NJ. We have staff available in the office to help with registration.
Passport-style photograph of you against a white solid background such as a wall. No glasses or hats are permissible. This photograph will be used for your identification card.
Government-issued Photo ID
Bring one of the following:
- Current NJ digital license
- Current NJ digital non-driver ID card
- NJ County ID card
Proof of New Jersey Residency
Bring one of the following (P.O. boxes are not accepted):
- Utility bill issued in the past 90 days that shows your name at your current address
- Utility bills accepted: Gas–Electric–Water–Sewer–Cell Phone–Cable (Television/Internet/Phone)
- Any correspondence from IRS or the NJ state tax office within the last year.
Proof of Government Assistance
The registration fee for your identification card will be $100. If you are a senior citizen, military veteran, or receive certain forms of government assistance, you are eligible for a reduced registration fee of $20. Please note, once payment is made, there are no refunds per regulations. Please note that we do not accept MEDICARE as proof of government assistance.
New Jersey State allows Caregivers to obtain a medical marijuana card on behalf of the patients who might be unable to do the process on their own. This includes parents of children under 18. Each Patient and, when necessary, each Caregiver must be available at the initial appointment with the office.